Employment Based Immigrant Visa
Every year a specific number of employment based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants under the provisions of US Immigration law.
The prospective employer is required to take labour certification approval from the Department of Labour. Once received, the employer then files Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140 with the USCIS.
The categories covered under this visa includes:
- Employment First Preference (E1): Priority workers.
- Employment Second Preference (E2): Professionals holding advanced degrees.
- Employment Third Preference (E3): Skilled, unskilled workers, professional.
- Employment Fourth Preference (E4): Certain special Immigrants.
- Employment Fifth Preference (E5): Immigrant investors.
Once the Form I-140 is approved, next steps include filing of Form DS-261 on National Visa Centres (NVC) instructions, followed by an interview by consular office, medical examination, vaccination etc.