After Graduation-USA


Practical Training on an F-1 visa

An F-1 student is generally entitled to one year of post study Optional Practical Training (OPT).

A onetime extension of 17 months is available to certain STEM degree recipients.

The international student department will have the necessary paper work for you so that you can avail one year of OPT.

Non Immigrant H-1B visa

In case you get a job after completing a US bachelor’s degree or equivalent, your employer can sponsor you to file for H-1B visa.

The H-1B visa is initially granted for 3 years which can be further extended up to a total of 6 years. Spouses and children of H-1B visa holder gets H-4 visa.

Green Card

An H-1B visa holder can apply for Green Card through employee sponsorship after getting labour certification from the Department of Labour.